Here are just a few tips:
- Add some sparkle - gently wipe pieces with a dry, soft cloth.
- Remove your jewellery before you shower or swim in chlorine or salt water.
- Remove your jewellery before participating in activities that will cause you to sweat a lot.
- Wait to put on your jewellery until after you have applied lotion, makeup or perfume.
- Remove jewellery if you will be bringing it into contact with something hard. (For example, take off your ring before lifting weights.)
- Store your plated jewellery where it won’t rub against other hard substances (a soft bag—one per piece of jewellery—is ideal).